AweCal iPhone - An integrated organizer for your iPhone.
AweCal is AdvSoft's universal application for platforms: Mac (OS X), iOS (iPad, iPhone) and Web.
AweCal for iOS is the universal version of CalPad/CalPhone that can run on both iPad/iPhone, you can either purchase AweCal iOS for universal version or purchase separate app for each device (CalPad or CalPhone).
- If you already have either AweCal iOS or CalPad/CalPhone app, you do not need to buy the other app.
- In this guide, CalPhone also stands for AweCal iOS app for iPhone (AweCal iPhone).
- And, CalPad also stands for AweCal iOS app for iPad (AweCal iPad).
In continuing to the succeeds of the CalPad (an organizer on iPad), and to meet requests from our customers, the iPhone version of Calpad, CalPhone has been developed with almost all the features of CalPad supported.
CalPhone is an all-in-one: Calendar, Task and Note integrated application that helps you to manage your time and day-to-day appointments, tasks and notes efficiently and conveniently.
FULLY COMPATIBLE With CalPad: CalPhone is designed to be fully compatibe with CalPad. You can easily import data from each of the app to the other via backup mail. Syncing via iCloud will be supported soon.
DAY/WEEK/MONTH IN DETAIL: CalPhone supports Day/Week/Month view in details to quickly show your tasks / events for a day / week / month. For each view, certain actions will be supported.
MULTIPLE CALENDARS WITH COLOR CODE: CalPhone also supports multiple calendars. It manages your tasks/events under different calendars, color code them and put all in the same view. Each calendar can have multiple tasks / events attached.
SMART TASK SCHEDULER CalPhone has Smart Task scheduler to help you organize your tasks into Calendar with the best fit algorithm. CalPhone provides you with various options for scheduling tasks to the time line.
CHECKLIST ALONG WITH TASK, EVENT: Checklist, a list of items need to be done for a task/event, can be attached for each task/event. It is a useful feature for you to keep track of task/event’s progress.
TIMER TO TRACK YOUR TIME: CalPhone also have Timer feature, which logs the time you have been spent for any of your tasks/events. And you can export your time sheet into a CSV format so that you can see on your PC or for reporting.
INVITATION: You can send/accept meeting invitations to others, if they also have CalPhone application. You also can use the Invitations feature to share your tasks/events to others conveniently.
LUNAR CALENDAR: You may need to see lunar calendar date, CalPhone helps you to do that. The lunar date can be shown beside the Gregorian Calendar in all views.
POWERFUL LIST VIEW: Powerful List view will show your Tasks, Events and Notes under list format by different filter criteria. The list also shows you the Timer information, Task scheduling information and Completed tasks information.
SYNCHRONIZE YOUR TASKS AND EVENTS: CalPhone has Synchronization function that sync events with iPhone Calendar, from which you can sync data to Outlook, Mobile Me, Google calendar, etc. And sync tasks with Toodledo, a popular online task management tool.
TIME BALANCE: Time balance is a utility function which CalPhone shows you your balance of time each day/week/month and 4-months. From there you can easily know how much time is currently occupied and how much free time you have. This would help to plan your days, weeks and months in advance.
FLEXIBLE DAY TIME IN WEEK: With Flexible Day Time feature, you can set working time for each day in a week. The working time will be used for calculating the time balance and also for scheduling tasks into calendar time (Tasks will be scheduled into working time for each day of week) or finding best time for new event. Day Time also can be used to calculate the time balance for each day/week/month or 4 months.
SNOOZE ALERT: CalPhone supports snooze alert: each alert may need to snooze. Snooze duration is a period for each next coming alert. You can specify the snooze duration from Setting view. Each time alert comes, it will have an option for you to snooze or not. If you choose snooze, the app will come after snooze duration until you stop it.
REPEATING TASK: CalPhone supports recurring tasks with the most popular recurring options. You can see the option by opening the task details view.
MULTIPLE FONT SIZE FOR ALL VIEWS: You may need to see tasks/events with more clearly or more detail. Multiple Font Size supports different font sizes so you can adjust your views to see your tasks, events and notes at glance. You also have more options with Multiple Font Type, which you can choose different fonts for Notes and Checks List.
SAFE BACKUP YOUR DATA: CalPhone helps you to store your data with Safe Backup (in the settings view), this feature will allow you to backup the entire database of CalPhone into an attachment of email and you can restore from there later.
SOUND EFFECT: As a lively working tool, Sound Effect will play sounds when you doing some actions such as when you change view, edit, delete, etc. You can turn it ON/OFF in Settings view.
GOOGLE MAP INTEGRATED: CalPhone is integrated with Google Map: you can show map with address in location field of the task/event within CalPhone. It is useful when you are driving and would like to have some directions to the address you would like to come.
PHOTO INTEGRATED: CalPhone is also integrated with Photo: Task and event can attach Photos that are from Photo library or Camera rolls. So you are easy to remember the context of the task, event. Note: a stylus note can be attached as the task/event's photo, when you create task/event from the stylus note.
CONTACT INTEGRATED: Beside Google Map and Photos, CalPhone is integrated with Contacts: task and event can have invitation. The invitees can be the contacts in your Contacts list. Note: Since CalPhone 1.0.1, you can quickly create tasks/events from the contact information which are from iPhone's contact database.
QUICK ACTIONS - SAVE YOUR TIME: CalPhone is aimed to have supper quick actions: CalPhone supports you the way to quickly create data. You can create task, event with just 1-2 taps. CalPhone reduces number of taps to as less as possible. In addition, CalPhone gives you a convenient function of copy and paste task/event: you can copy task/event into clipboard and paste them to anywhere when you create a new item (such as tap on + button above task list in Day view or tap on free time line on calendar views like Day/Week view).
ADVANCED CALENDAR – MERGE OPTION: In some cases, you may want to merge calendar. CalPhone supports merge calendars together. As a result, tasks and events belong to source calendar will be transferred to a destination calendar.
ADVANCED CALENDAR – SHOW/HIDE OPTION: CalPhone allows you to show/hide calendar: you can choose to show/hide calendar in Settings view. All tasks and events will be shown/hidden corresponding.
DATA EXPORTER: Finally, CalPhone has an exporter, which can export your completed data via email with CSV format so you can read it on your MAC/PC. CalPhone also can export your Notes via email or print them via air printer.
SETTINGS VIEW: you can control most of the behavior of the app with Settings view.
Go to Top
CalPhone – Advanced Day View
It is important to have your day organized in an elegant manner. CalPhone supports a visually well-organized and easy-to-manage day view, which provides a clear focus on what you need to do (events, tasks and notes) in a day.
The common actions for Day view:
- swipe right to move to Tasks and then Notes view (see next pictures)
- Tap on any free time to quick add event
- Tap on Action button to show the action items
- Tap on any event to show the summary view where you can Edit, Time, Book, etc. it.
- Tap + (on top right) button to add a new Task / Event.
- "Today" button will jump to current day.
- Tap on Show/Hide date navigation bar to quickly move to another date
Note: You can touch and keep the finger over the day navigation bar to quickly move to another date.
From Calendar day view, swipe to right to show Task view.
From which you can:
- "Today" filter: to show active tasks for current day
- "Active" filter: show all active tasks (not done yet).
- Tap on any event to show the summary view where you can Edit, Time, Book, etc. it. Or tap on check box before task name to quickly mark done the task.
- Swipe to right to move to Note view
From Task View, swipe to right to show Note view:
From which you can:
- Swipe to left to move to Task view
- The + button to add a new Note
- Change filter between Today and Active to show notes for current day for all active notes
- Tap on any note to edit it
- You can add text note and also stylus note. Multiple notes per day are supported.
Go to Top
Week view will help you to quick capture data you have for a week, such as number of appointments, tasks, and notes. You can also quickly see the time balance you have for each week. The week navigation bar on the left side will help to navigate quickly to any week over the year.
From which you can:
- swipe to right to show Task view, then Note view for the selected week
- Tap on any event to edit it
- Use week navigation bar on the left to quickly move to another week.
Note: you can hide the week navigation bar on the left, to make the view bigger.
Go to Top
Week view will help you to quick capture data you have for a month, such as number of appointments, tasks, and notes. You can also quickly see the time balance you have for each month. The week navigation bar on the left side will help to navigate quickly to any month over the year.
From which you can:
- swipe to right to show Task view, then Note view for the selected month
- Tap on any event to edit it
- Use month navigation bar on the left to quickly move to another week.
Note: you can hide the month navigation bar on the left, to make the view bigger.
Go to Top
CalPhone provides a powerful list view.
This view list your active data under four different layouts:
- By Calendars: items are grouped under each calendar.
- By Days: list by day.
- By Orders: list items by ordered. The order of task/event/note is created by the time when they are added to the app and may be changed when you move any item to change its order.
- By context: show data under contexts
The filter bar on the left will allow you to choose any filter: by calendar, by days, by ordered and by contexts. The "More" button will show you all events you have, all Tasks which start or due today and over due, and all notes. You can also exportall plain notes to a mail.
Note: you can hide the left menu bar for saving the space and make the view bigger.
Swipe to right will show Timing & scheduling view:
This view have 2 sections, timing and sheduling. Tap on the triangle button on the right will also show the action items for timing and scheduling.
Swipe to right from this view will show the history view (done tasks/events):
Notes: tap on done item will allow you to undo the item, and also can show the Logs of timing records for this item.
Go to Top
Tap on top left button, will show you the settings view:
- You can show or hide calendars from all views from here by check/uncheck the Hidden boxes. If a calendar is hidden, all tasks and events belong to it will be hidden too. To show them again, just uncheck the Hidden box.
- Delete calendar: right swipe your finger on each cell, you will see a Delete button enabled. Tap that button to delete the calendar. You also can do this in Calendar Detail view by tap on the cell.
- Adding new calendar: tap on the “+” button, you will be able to add new calendar, select a color for it. To change the calendar name, or merge calendars or change to new color, tap on that calendar you will see Detail of the calendar.
- Choose “Merge to” to select the destination calendar. When you apply to merge, this calendar will disappear and all tasks, events belong to it will be transferred to the destination calendar.
- Show lunar date: ON will show the lunar date in calendar views
- Weekday starts: can be Sun or Mon.
- Day time for 7 days of week: you can set the Day time for 7 days in week, this will be used for scheduling tasks and for time balance counting.
- Count balance time in all day or Day time: if Day time, the time balance will count only for your Day time as set above.
- Sound effect (ON/OFF) to play sound when you do some actions on the application like add new, change view, edit, delete, etc.
- Badge settings: the badge number of application will be shown on the home screen of device. The app can show the number of all tasks, or Due today tasks, or None.
- Font size: this will adjust the font of the tasks, events and notes in all views in the application.
- Reset tips: you may see some tips when working with the app. And you may choose to not show these tips in the future. Reset tips will enable to show them all again.
- Backup data: this is to backup all your data into email’s attachment. You can restore them later.
- you can add new context, delete context, change name of context.
Events & Sync:
- Settings default for new event: calendar, context and event’s duration.
- Sync section: sync source, auto sync ON/OFF.
- Full sync: to perform a full sync manually.
- Options to show recurring events in month view
- Setting default for new task: calendar, context and length.
- Sync section: to select sync source and setup Auto sync ON/OFF.
- Full sync: perform a full sync with sync source.
- Day tasks: setting for which tasks will be shown in Tasks view.
- Other task options.
Other settings: Notes & Checks, Invitation, Security, Alert.
Go to Top