CalPad – Smart Scheduler for Tasks
It is important to know what is the best time you can start doing your tasks, beside the scheduled events.
CalPad provides a powerful smart scheduler to book (schedule) your tasks into calendar automatically with the best fit algorithm to find the most recent open time slots that were not occupied by events or other booked tasks.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
When you add a new task into CalPad, it will be kept in task list. However, the tasks in this list are not scheduled yet. Schedule means the task will be arranged into vacant time slot, which are not occupied by the events or other booked tasks.
Note: tasks will be scheduled into your “Day time”, which are set in Settings view, General section.
Below is the general picture of task scheduling for CalPad:
* Smart Scheduler will base on the start of the task to schedule it onto calendar. The rules are:
- Tasks that have due are higher priority to be scheduled. Upon on that, tasks that have most recent due (compare to current date) will have highest priority to be scheduled first.
- Tasks just appear after their start time in the calendar on open time slots.
- If task has no length, CalPad will assign the default length of event that you specify in the Setting view.
- Some tasks that have very long duration may not be scheduled because no open time slot to fit them into.
Schedule an individual Task
To schedule an individual task in task list, just tap on that task, the task menu will display:
Tap on Book, the task will be scheduled into time line:
Schedule multiple tasks
Tap the bottom right button, the options for task scheduling will display:
From the menu, you can:
- “Smart book all tasks”: to schedule all of your tasks in the task list into the time line.
- “Smart book top 10 tasks”: schedule top 10 tasks in the task list into the time line.
- “Unbook all booking tasks”: remove all tasks from time line.
- “Sort task by Start”: sort all tasks by start time of the task.
- “Sort task by Due”: sort all tasks by Due.
- “Sort by booking time”: sort all tasks by the time it is scheduled.
Note: the time that the task scheduled into the time line will usually not same as start time of the task
Conflict scheduling tasks and resolve
There may be conflicts when scheduling tasks to time line of calendar. The conflicts happen when booking tasks meet one or some of the following conditions:
- You create/move an event to the top of the booked task, causing it to be overlapped.
- You have not completed the booked task on time so it is in the past.
These conflict tasks will be grouped in the Conflict section of the Scheduler in the List view. Also these tasks will have a yellow pinch at the head of the task’s box on other views. To solve the problem you can “ReBook”an individual task or “ReBook” all conflict tasks.