Genaral CalPad / CalPhone usage hints
Backup via mail
- Data is important, you should backup them often (at leat once a month).
- Just goto Settings, General, Backup... all data in the app will be saved to a mail and you can restore them later.
- in case Auto sync causes trouble, you can choose manual sync instead
- Upon changing sync source, you can clean the synced data to avoid uplications
Re-install the app
- In some cases, you need to re-install the app (such as when you have a bad install, or could not open the app)
- By Apple' rule, you can delete the app and re-install (download) many times - it will not cost you more
- Please noted that, re-install an app will reset the data to be empty, you can restore data from a mail backup (or you can sync data back). Therefore, it is important to do backup via mail often.
Syncing iPhone / iPad calendar with Google calendar
Sync your Google Calendar with your Apple device (including iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch) and always have your schedule at your fingertips.
To sync with your device, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
- Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account...
- Select Other.
- Select Add CalDAV Account.
- Enter your account information:
- In the Server field, enter [ google.com ]
- In the Username field, enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
- In the Password field, enter your Google Account or Google Apps password.
- In the Description field, enter the name you'd like to appear on the account.
- Select Next at the top of your screen.
After you've completed setup, open the Calendar app on your device and syncing will automatically begin.
By default only your primary calendar will be synced to your device. You can sync additional calendars by visiting the following page from any web browser:
(Google Apps users can go to https://www.google.com/calendar/hosted/your_domain/iphoneselect, replacing 'your_domain' with your actual domain name.)
Select the calendars you'd like to sync, and click Save. The selected calendars will display on your device at the time of the next sync.